Terms and Conditions
Broadway is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
WHAT DO WE WANT TO KNOW?
- Contact information including email address, postal address and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as: age, gender, marital status, household size, and communication preferences
- Payment information at ticket/concessions/cafebar point of sale including at our physical box office and at www.broadway.org.uk. This includes credit/debit card information (first six and last four digits of the card, cardholder’s name as recorded on the card and card expiry date)
- Gift card information
- Other information relevant to competitions and offers which will require a separate opt-in upon completion
- Other information relevant to customer surveys. This information may include race, gender, sexuality, postcode information and is anonymised. This is used for the sole purpose of performance monitoring.
We need to include details about the financial information we collect in connection with payments.
WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
“Broadway” and the third parties set out below may collect the following information in order to fulfil orders, complete transactions and for the servicing of our membership programme.
Our legal basis for the processing of this data is contractual in order to complete transactions at point of sale and fulfil requested orders and consensual for ongoing marketing in order to understand our customers needs and provide a better service
Data is processed for the following reasons:
We use this data to improve our products, services and your Broadway experience online and in our physical space; We use this data to send promotional emails dependent on your personal preferences via an opt-in process at point of sign-up. These include emails regarding our:
- Film programme
- Non-film events
- Specialist programming
- Special offers
- New products
We may on occasion use your data to contact you for market research purposes and in order to improve our products, services and your “Broadway” experience. We may contact you by:
- Direct mail
NHS TEST AND TRACE
To support NHS Test and Trace (which is part of the Department for Health and Social Care) in England, DHSC has provided guidance which we have chosen to follow. The guidance recommends that we collect and keep a limited record of staff, customers and visitors who come onto our premises for the purpose of contact tracing.
By maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors, and sharing these with NHS Test and Trace where requested, we can help to identify people who may have been exposed to coronavirus.
As a customer or visitor of Broadway Cinema/Cafe Bar you might be asked to provide some basic information and contact details. The following information will be collected:
• the names of all customers or visitors
• a contact phone number for each customer or visitor
• date of visit
The venue or establishment as the data controllers for the collection of your personal data, will be responsible for compliance with data protection legislation for the period of time it holds the information. If that information is requested by the NHS Test and Trace service, the service would at this point be responsible for compliance with data protection legislation for that period of time. NHS Test and Trace as part of safeguarding your personal data, has in place technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect your personal information that it receives from the venue or establishment, that it holds from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In addition, if you only interact with one member of staff during your visit, the name of the assigned staff member will be recorded alongside your information.
NHS Test and Trace as part of its guidance, has recommended that we retain this information for 21 days from the date of your visit, to enable contact tracing to be carried out by NHS Test and Trace during that period. We will only share information with NHS Test and Trace if it is specifically requested by them. For example, if other customers at the venue subsequently tested positive, NHS Test and Trace can request the log of customer, visitor and staff details on a particular day.
Under government guidance, the information we collect may include information which we would not ordinarily collect from you and which we therefore collect only for the purpose of contact tracing. Information of this type will not be used for other purposes, and NHS Test and Trace will not disclose this information to any third party unless required to do so by law (for example, as a result of receiving a court order). In addition, where the information is only collected for the purpose of contact tracing it will be destroyed by us 21 days after the date of your visit.
However, the government guidance may also cover information that we would usually collect and hold onto as part of our ordinary dealings with you (perhaps, for example, your name and phone number). Where this is the case, this information only will continue to be held after 21 days and we will use it as we usually would, unless and until you tell us not to.
Your information will always be stored and used in compliance with the relevant data protection legislation. The use of your information is covered by the UK General Data Protection Regulations Article 6 (1) (f) – legitimate interests of the venue or establishment. The legitimate interest in this case is the interest of the venue/establishment in co-operating with NHS Test and Trace in order to help maintain a safe operating environment and to help fight any local outbreak of coronavirus.
Collection of information from or about children under the age of 18 requires the consent of their parent or guardian.
WHO IS “BROADWAY” SHARING THIS WITH?
These third-parties acting include the following:
- Rocket Science Group trading as Mailchimp – Used to distribute marketing and non-marketing newsletters.
- Vista Entertainment Solutions –Used to process individuals data for ticket purchasing, membership, and gift cards.
- Payment Express – Used to process individuals data for transaction completion at point of sale.
- Typeform S.L. – Used to collect and collate individuals data for market research processing by “Broadway”.
- Donr - Used to collect telephone number and mobile network data for transactions related to donations given by text.
- Zonal - Member data used to process member discounts within Broadway Cafe Bar app
“Broadway” has ensured that all third-parties adhere to their responsibilities as “data processors” as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Performance surveys, distributed at events/films, hosted by Broadway Cinema will be shared with our funders:
- BFI (British Film Institute)
- Arts Council England
The data collected from these performance surveys will be retained for one-year only and then destroyed.
HOW ARE WE KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
“Broadway” will only hold personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was originally intended or until an individual requests for their data to be erased as set out in the section below.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Under article 7 of the EU General Data Protection Act you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. It is “Broadway’s” responsibility to make this process as simple as the initial consent giving.
Under article 15 of the EU General Data Protection Act you have the right to request details of personal information which “Broadway” hold about you.
Under article 17 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request that your data is erased
Under article 18 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to restrict the processing of your data. This is applicable in the following circumstances:
The accuracy of the data is being contested and Broadway are in the process of verifying this
The data has been unlawfully obtained and restriction has been requested by the individual rather than erasure of the data
The individual requires Broadway to keep the data in order to establish, exercise and defend a legal claim
Under article 20 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to receive the data you have requested in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format. Furthermore you have the right to send this data transmitted to one data controller to another (where technically feasible).
It is our duty to respond to your request regarding any of the reasons described above within one month of the original request unless otherwise specified by us when requests are deemed complex or numerous. It is “Broadway’s” duty to specify the reason for this extension.
All of the processes described above are free of charge. If you would like to exercise these rights please write to Broadway, c/o Broadway Cinema and Arts Centre, Broad Street, Hockley, Nottingham, ENGLAND, NG1 3AL or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us on email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
WHAT WE WON’T DO WITH YOUR DATA
“Broadway” will not sell, distribute or lease an individual’s personal information.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The term "Broadway" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Broadway Cinema and Arts Centre, Broad Street, Hockley, Nottingham, ENGLAND, NG1 3AL. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
SALE OF MOVIE TICKETS
- Tickets can only be purchased from this Website by credit card.
- Tickets purchased via this Website will be available for collection at the box office.
- Tickets purchased via this Website are non-refundable and are not available for exchange, unless required by law.
- Prices on this Website include Tax where applicable.
- By purchasing movie tickets via this Website you agree that:
- You agree that we may at our discretion, refuse to sell movie tickets to you or withdraw any tickets from sale via this Website.
- Tickets are made available subject to the classification of the relevant film given by the BBFC. Where concessionary tickets are purchased, suitable identification must be presented upon collection of the tickets.
This website and its content is copyright of "Broadway" - © "Broadway" 2008-2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We are committed to ensuring that this information is secure and in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by "Broadway" and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of "Broadway". We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, "Broadway" takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.